The other day I was checking my favorite blogs for updates. One of them, "Virtuous Reality" by Vicki Courtney, had a music video by a group called Casting Crowns. It had a very strong message about the error in thinking that "little sins" can't really hurt us that badly. The song goes on,
"It's a slow fade when you give yourself away
It's a slow fade when black and white have turned to gray
Thoughts invade, choices are made, a price will be paid
When you give yourself away
People never crumble in a day
It's a slow fade, it's a slow fade..."
It's saying that it's all the "little sins" that break us down until we are so weakened that we can't stay away from the "big sins." (Of course, we know that God doesn't view sin as "little" or "big"...sin is sin and God detests it.
That night Josie started walking around in my shoes. The words to the song came to my mind and hit me even harder. I must be careful in every decision I make because there are little feet toddling along right behind me...watching me, imitating me. I know there is no way I can be the mommy Josie and Caleb need me to be on my own. I must go everyday to the One who gives me Truth and clarity in life. I will make lots of mistakes....I've already made millions, but praise God for His Grace!

No comments:
Post a Comment