7.13.2010

Another Song

OK, so earlier in the summer I played with the idea of having a post that matched a theme of the day. I have a friend who likes to have "Foodie Friday" where she posts recipes. I had thought about having "Music Mondays" because I love music. Can I sing? No. Can I play an instrument? No. I simply love songs that move my heart and challenge me to love God more. Here we are in July and it is Tuesday, but I decided to share another song with you.

I first heard this song several months ago at church when it was playing with a video about some friends of ours who are missionaries in Africa. Ever since then the words have moved in my heart in powerful ways. The following is a video someone made on youtube and set it to the song. I hope it encourages and challenges you today.

God of Justice by Tim Hughes

Matthew 25:34-40


34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

No comments: