This week Wesley is off for vacation, but it has turned into more of a "stay-cation". We decided this would be as good a time as any to try to knock out a project I have wanted to do for at least 2 years now.
I have never been a fan of our kitchen cabinets and have always wanted paint and glaze/antique them. With the advice and encouragement of a couple of girls at church and Wesley's willingness to play full-time dad for a few days, we have finished.
This is before:
I have never been a fan of our kitchen cabinets and have always wanted paint and glaze/antique them. With the advice and encouragement of a couple of girls at church and Wesley's willingness to play full-time dad for a few days, we have finished.
This is before:
There were many things I enjoyed about this project. I was able to work with my hands. I love doing things like this, but don't get to often. I was able to listen to a few of my favorite pastors teach through podcast. And I was able to "watch" (listen to) some movies I don't normally get to watch because they aren't exactly appealing to my husband (musicals).
But even though I enjoyed so much of it, we are finished and I am glad. We were getting tired of the family picnics in the living room, and I was missing my family. I have been a little jealous when I see them load in the van to go swimming or to the museum.
I do have more projects in mind, but I think they'll have to wait a while.

3 comments:
I am super impressed. Your kitchen looks beautiful!
Love the new look! My mom and I did something similar to this to my kitchen table and chairs when I was in college, but yours look much nicer. :o) Glad you had fun!
Oh Paige! I honestly thought about calling you all but we made our decision so last minute I thought it would be rude to expect you all to jump just because we were coming to town. I would totally be up for planning a date to come to Waco and take the kiddos to the zoo together though. I sure do miss you! Please forgive me.
Post a Comment