7.17.2009

Risking Storms

I just wanted to share two things with you. These two points are things I DO NOT have licked by any stretch of the imagination. These are simply ideas that have convicted, encouraged, challenged, and spurred me on this week to brace myself, put my head down, and move forward no matter what happens.
(Whenever a huge storm or something intimidating hits my life--because according to John 16:33 it's promised--please remind me I said this! I might want to chicken out.)

First please watch this:


Just some quick background on the video. He was not talking about our salvation. We CANNOT EARN our salvation. It is given to us by grace through faith (Eph 2:8). Francis was talking about our SANCTIFICATION--the process by which God works all the junk out of us--the process by which he makes us perfect that will be complete only on the day we stand before him (Phil 1:6).

Now if you have time, please click here and read the post called "Ready to Squall" from the youth minister at our church: http://hesednow.blogspot.com/2009/07/r.html

I hope you were encouraged like I was. Thank goodness for the other promise of John 16:33!

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

1 comment:

Meg said...

thanks for the encouragement! and i'm glad you found our blog, and i'll be keeping up with yours too!! thanks for praying for us!! hopefully it's birth week :)!! XOXO