Despite the fact that our family is greatly divided by allegiances to different universities, I have come to get into the spirit of Baylor Homecoming. To my fellow Aggies, I apologize.
I wasn't about to pay $30 each for my kids to wear green and gold, so I got t-shirts at Hobby Lobby and painted them some.
They look like they love each other don't they?
It really is pretty fun. This year was the 100th Homecoming parade at Baylor. They have the largest Homecoming Parade in the nation and people come from all over the country for the festivities (but not necessarily the football game).
The floats are pretty elaborate. This float is from the fraternity our adopted college student Travis is in. Sorry, I can't remember which one it is. I get all those Greek letters mixed up. Maybe it's KOT. Anyway, their theme was "Jungle Book".
Paw-paw with the kids
Josie spotted one of her Wednesday night teachers from church. She says he's her boyfriend. (Deep Sigh)....it can't be starting already, can it?
After the parade, we enjoyed some wonderful time catching up with friends who we haven't seen in a long time. These are our friends Mary Margaret and "Big" Caleb. Josie was their flower girl.
These guys are buddies. We have a really sweet picture of "Big" Caleb holding "Little" Caleb on the day he was born.
No comments:
Post a Comment