8.22.2010

Never Say Never

Over the years I've learned the hard way to never say "never". How? Because every time I've said "I'll never ___________" God must have laughed and said, "Honey, just you wait." Here's a list of things I've said "I'll never" to:
  • I'll never to to A&M. (I have a Bachelor's degree from Texas A&M University.)
  • I'll never move back to my hometown. (I now live within 30 minutes of almost my entire family.)
  • I'll never say certain things my parents said to me. (I sound more like my parents everyday.)
  • I'll never drive a minivan. (I drive a minivan.)
  • I'll never drive a WHITE minivan. (My dad named our minivan the "White Whale".)
  • I'll never let my kids act like that in the store. (My kids have acted like that in the store many times, and all of us have left in tears.)
  • Finally, I'll never go back to school. Well, take a look at this:

Yep, tomorrow I will join thousands of other students in our town as we begin the school year. I'll be attending the local jr. college to earn (another) degree and become a Physical Therapy Assistant.

This has been a very interesting process and God has led every step of the way. It will definitely be an adventure. I'm nervous about the change...being away from my babies during the day, studying, and trying to balance family, friends, church, and school, etc. But I know God has not led us out here to simply abandon us. He will be faithful and in the end, whatever happens He will be glorified.

So, with all that said, I may not be posting much over the next few months. If I do it will be rare, but I will try from time to time. I hope you have a great fall (or those of us in Texas--an extended summer)!

No comments: