- Why should I trust the Bible?
- How can I know if the Bible is reliable?
- Haven't people tampered with it over the years?
- Do we have any of the original manuscripts of books of the Bible?
- What kind of "errors" are in the Bible?
- What languages were the Bible written in?
- Why do we have so many versions of the Bible?
I've mentioned before that I love podcasts and that I have a list of a few teachers in particular that I really enjoy listening to. I've also talked about a Bible study (called Breakaway) that I (and about 6,000+ other students) attended while I was a student at Texas A&M University.
Well, a few months ago the teacher at Breakaway (Ben Stuart) decided to take on some of the most challenging questions people have about the Bible. He does this in a very honest and even scholarly way instead of a strictly emotional/sentimental approach many people believe is the only way to explain parts of Christianity.
If you've ever asked any of these questions (even to yourself) please take some time to watch this video. It's about 40 minutes long, but it will be worth every minute. I've listened to it several times because I'm a nerd and I get a thrill out of stuff like this. If you find it interesting go look up the podcast on itunes and listen to the second half on the audio podcast. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Has the Bible been Corrupted? from Breakaway Ministries on Vimeo.
No comments:
Post a Comment