Hi Friends! It's been a while since I posted last, but I hope this finds you well and experiencing blessings from our Father in Heaven!
Life in the Brooks household has definitely been more interesting in the last month and a half. Josie and Caleb now go to MDO two days a week and are LOVING it. I love hearing them talk about their friends and what they are learning at "school". They are growing up so much.
Josie has started reading a little. We enjoy the "Bob" books and get a kick out of Josie's attempts at writing. She likes to do "homework" or decorate the house with written instructions for the rest of us. For example, the other day she wrote a note that said, "no ppl ulald thwd ist al pimshin fum the femle brooks." (Translation: "No people allowed outside without permission from the Brooks family.") She then taped it on the back door. She cracks us up and amazes us at the same time!
Caleb is all boy. He loves his blue bear, toy cars and his Toy Story characters, wants to play outside all the time and enjoys aggravating his sister. He is a joy and brings so much laughter to our home.
Wesley is my hero. He is an amazing dad and a wonderful husband. He has been so supportive and encouraging during this season of transition and change. He is such a blessing and I'm so thankful that he is my husband.
And me? Well, I spend most of my time studying, and studying, and studying. I love that everything I'm learning is really practical and will really make a difference to people someday. I have fabulous teachers and I get a kick out of my classmates everyday.
There are 24 of us in our class and I was informed by the former director that we would end up being like a family in no time. To be perfectly honest, I didn't want anything to do with that. I had my family and I had my friends, but I wasn't interested in "becoming a family" with anyone else at this season in my life. Well, as usual, God has other plans. Within 2 weeks our class did become a family.
God has definitely done a work in my heart and opened my eyes to things I haven't been exposed to in years (if ever). I think I had gotten so consumed in my little bubble that I had forgotten that there are people right around the corner who don't know about the love of Jesus, and if they do, they might have completely misunderstood the invitation He has given them. They don't understand the peace or joy that does come with abiding in Him. I am so thankful for my new "family". I love how "real" they are and God has truly blessed me in knowing them.
The program is wonderful and I am enjoying the challenge, but it we definitely look forward to a time when things will slow down and our little family can spend more time together. My encouragement is seeing God's hand upon every bit of this adventure. Despite the difficult schedule and stress of juggling everything, He is allowing all of us to thrive. The kids have been incredible and have flourished during their time at school and with the help of my mom. Wesley and I are much more intentional about the little time we have together--even if it's sitting down to fold clothes together without any other distractions--no TV, radio, etc. Our conversations are meaningful and far less superficial.
I know God has led us into this season and He will be faithful to see us through.
Until the next update...blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment