This summer we welcomed our new Community Pastor Brian Horn and his family to our church. Only a few weeks after their arrival his wife, Wren, was diagnosed with Colon Cancer. As difficult as the news was it was complicated even more by the fact that Wren was only about 25 weeks pregnant with their daughter.
In August they welcomed their daughter Grace. Because Grace was born at 31 weeks she was kept in the NICU until the end of September. One day Brian posted this picture on Facebook of Wren holding Grace.
Immediately I felt the Holy Spirit say, "Paint it." Of course, I was nervous, never feeling confident in my ability to paint people--especially people I know. But I felt a great peace about it.
The whole process was very quick and went incredibly smoothly. Never have I had such an easy time painting a picture. I know God--the Great Artist--was holding my hand with every stroke.
In the midst of this, Brian and Wren found out that the cancer had spread to her lungs and other places in her body. Brian and Wren have been so authentic and real during the whole situation, but they have also displayed incredible grace--something given to them by the Holy Spirit. I know that despite what happens, God will receive great glory and many lives will be changed because of their story.
Title: Wren's Grace
Medium: Acrylic
Title: Wren's Grace
Medium: Acrylic

No comments:
Post a Comment