12.18.2011

Not So Long Ago, In a Galaxy Not So Far Away

The kids turned 6 and 4 this year! I can't believe how fast it's going. They are growing into such amazing little people! We are incredibly blessed by these two munchkins!

Earlier this year the kids discovered Star Wars. So when they announced (in June) they had agreed that they wanted to have a Star Wars themed birthday party, I jumped on it. I mean, how often will they be able to agree on a theme--and especially one that works so well for a brother/sister party!?!

The time arrived and preparations began for their party. They dressed up as Luke and Leia Skywalker and along with our wonderful family, we celebrated their birthdays. Here are a few pictures from our fun day!


"Yoda Soda" was just Sprite with green food coloring.


We had the "Wookie Cookie Shop".


We imported "SunWater" from Tatooine, the home planet of Luke. His uncle Own Lars owns a moisture farm there. :) (I had fun coming up with that one.)


Yoda!!!


Teddy Grahams = Ewoks


Sandwiches at the Darth Vader Deli.



Luke and his Dad, Anakin Skywalker (before he turned into Darth Vader)



Queen Amidala with her daughter Princess Leia


The whole family!


 Uh oh! Party's over! Daddy needs a nap!


Thanks to Elizabeth and Lee Ann for the ideas and letting us borrow costumes!!!

No comments: