10.26.2008

"The Pumpkin Gospel"

A few weeks ago Auntie Jenna gave Josie and Caleb a book called "The Pumpkin Gospel." It's a parable about how carving a pumpkin is like the process that God goes through when we cleans the "mushy gushies" out of our hearts when we receive Him as our Savior. It's a wonderful book! Ever since, Josie has been wanting to carve a pumpkin. So, we finally went and got one. As we carved it, we talked about "The Pumpkin Gospel."


Daddy cleaning out the "mushy gushies"...

The "mushy gushies" are stinky!

"Carve a tross, please."

The story finishes by telling us that when God cleans out our hearts, he puts His light inside of us to shine for everyone to see. Isn't that a wonderful parable!

2 comments:

Monkey Soup said...

I love it!!!
Kathryn said she wanted to have a unicorn carved into a pumpkin...what am I, a miracle worker???
I wish my children would pick things with straight lines. ;)

Audrey and Company said...

I loved your story so much that I ordered the book for Audrey from Amazon to read to her next year. You are such a great mom Paige! Thanks for sharing your life and stories about teaching your kids about Jesus.